Tuesday, September 8, 2009

From the Couch to a 5K

So....I am trying to lose weight and get fit. So my friend on the ND told me about this program "from the couch to a 5K" and I am doing it. I started on week 4 of the program since week 1-3 were more walking than running and I had already been running. Well, it was hard. So I did week 4 for 2 weeks. So 3x a week this was my routine.

Walk for 5 min
Jog 1/4 mile (3 min) - that means going at 6.0 on the treadmill, which for me is running

Walk 1/8 mile (90 sec) - i think this is at 4.0 on treadmill
Jog 1/2 mile (5 min)
Walk 1/4 mile (2.5 min)
Jog 1/4 mile (3 min)
Walk 1/8 mile
Jog 1/2 mile

You can run for time or distance. I do for distance. In the beginning I can do the jog at 6.0 but then the further I go the slower I get. So I did that for 2 weeks.

This week I am starting week 5.

3x a week

walk for 5 min
Jog 1/2 mile
Walk 1/4 mile
Jog 1/2 mile
Walk 1/4 mile
Jog 1/2 mile

I will let you know how I do. Might be another 2 week program.

When I complete the program I plan on finding a 5K in my area and running in it. So that is my plan. Now if I could just get myself to do the strength training portion consistently.

0 comments:

 
Online Beauty Salon © 2007 Template feito por Áurea R.C.